Demand for sustainable promotional items is growing as we continue to experience the results of climate change. Consumers are becoming more concerned about environmental matters and expect businesses to be more eco-friendly. They want sustainable brand merchandise that lasts longer and becomes part of the circular economy rather than going to the landfill. Tara Slevin Group has an extensive eco-friendly and bamboo promotional products range of quality items. In this article, we look at eco-friendly promotional branding in more detail.
How to Choose Sustainable Promotional Items
Quality, sustainable promotional items last longer. Here are a few materials you should consider when choosing eco-friendly branding solutions.
- Bamboo. 100% natural and biodegradable, bamboo is strong, fast-growing and does not use much water.
- Cork. It is renewable when sustainably harvested from cork trees.
- Organic cotton. Similar to conventional cotton. Farmers cannot use synthetic fertilisers and pesticides during production.
- PET. A 100% recyclable plastic that is clear, strong, lightweight and often used for clothing and bottles.
- RPET. Repurposed PET waste that can be used for shopping bags and other items.
Sustainability in Branding: Eco-Friendly Promotional Items
Tara Slevin makes it easy to choose eco-friendly promotional items. We offer products made from the materials mentioned above as well as items containing wood, wheat straw, jute, or linen. Page through our eco-friendly digital brochure or our bamboo-specific brochure.
The ultimate sustainable corporate gift is a Tara Slevin rosewood pen and pencil set in a rosewood presentation box. Have you been wondering about the wheat straw? We have push-button pens, wireless chargers, and Bluetooth speakers that contain wheat straw. Consider our manual hand fan in wood with cork fabric sheeting as a promotional gift or a microfleece top made from recycled PET.
Green Marketing: Strategies for Environmentally Friendly Giveaways
Green marketing is developing and advertising products based on their real or perceived environmental sustainability. Did you know the Green Tara Slevin collection gives you clear information on the eco-friendliness of its promotional products? We organised them into three categories represented by shields:
- 10 – 30% ECO basic. Items in this category contain 10 to 30 percent ecological materials.
- 30 – 60% ECO friendly. Products contain 30 to 60 percent sustainable materials.
- 60 – 100% ECO proof. Items contain 60 to 100 percent ecological materials.
Tara Slevin makes it easy to select green marketing products and avoid being accused of greenwashing.
Going Green: Sustainable Brand Merchandise Choices
Brand the Change is an organisation encouraging users and businesses to leverage the power of their brand for social and environmental change. In an article on making brand merchandise more sustainable, they offer several tips, including the following:
- Choose promotional products manufactured from recycled or biodegradable materials such as organic cotton, bamboo, or recycled paper.
- Don’t add the event date or year to your branded t-shirts and bags. It extends the product’s shelf life, and you can reuse them the following year.
- Brand the merchandise with a slogan or image your target audience will want to be seen with. People will use it for longer, thereby reducing waste.
Eco Promotional Trends: Navigating the Green Landscape
Eco promotional trends highlight products such as the wireless bamboo chargers that are part of our top 10 promotional products for 2024. How do you differentiate your brand in the marketplace when other companies also practise eco-conscious branding? Offer honest insights into the “green” nature of your promotional products, just like Tara Slevin Group does with our eco-friendliness shields. Consumers will appreciate your forthrightness and perceive your brand as trustworthy.
Tara Slevin Group is an industry leader in the supply of branded promotional items and is passionate about customer service. Our team looks forward to discussing our range of sustainable promotional items with you. Contact us today!